The threats our families and communities face today can be terrifying. Economic collapse, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, power-grid failure, and nuclear war are all possibilities that we must be prepared for.
The term Urban Survival means having the skills, tactics, and ability to survive a widespread prolonged disaster. This means surviving without aid from the government or the local infrastructure while remaining in a densely populated urban environment.
If a disaster occurs, the greatest threat will come from the huge number of desperate, dangerous people - all fighting over the same limited resources such as water, food, and shelter.
Urban Survival training increases your chances of surviving during, and after, a disaster and subsequent survival situation. Therefore, Urban Survival has its own unique preparation, skill sets, and required common-sense knowledge base.
The three main elements of Urban Survival consist of:
- Preparation – emergency supplies and action plans
- Resources – using available resources in the local area
- Mindset –the right mindset is critical to surviving any situation, especially for long periods of time
Urban Survival Training
Our Urban Survival training does not involve a fear or a doom-and-gloom approach. We empower course participants to develop a self-reliant mindset along with the confidence to confront and overcome survival issues within an urban survival situation.
Our participants learn critical urban survival skills, what survival gear is essential, and what items are simply “nice to have.” This course provides participants with the necessary knowledge to survive in an urban or suburban environment for extended periods of time.
Our Instructors are former Special Forces Operators with real world experience and have instructed at some of the finest survival schools in the world
Their expertise and course training include:
- How to adequately prepare for urban disasters; food, water, and equipment storage
- Evacuation strategies, creating escape routes, and how to decide to stay or leave
- Surviving a post disaster environment
- Getting home
- How to prepare Bug Out Bags
- Home survival shelters
- Home defense, building barricades, and making improvised weapons
- Urban survival situational awareness
- Communication plans
- Medical care and treatment
- Long term survival preparation, supply acquisition, and the proper mindset
- Urban survival hacks
To learn more about Urban Survival and the SBS Customized Training programs, please contact us.