Global kidnappings and abductions number in the tens of thousands and are increasing every year. According to the Bureau of Consular Affairs at the U.S. State Department, between 60% to 70% of overseas kidnappings of U.S. citizens goes unreported.
Yet many experts from government and private sectors tell us it is quickly becoming a worldwide problem with numbers of unreported kidnappings reaching as high as 90%. When travelling or living in a high threat area, preventing threats can seem like a daunting task.
In today’s world, threat prevention and personal preparation have become a necessity. With the proper training and knowledge, individuals can have a direct and positive influence in their own security.
Enhanced Situational Awareness
Situational awareness includes the ability to read people and note irregular behavioral patterns. An enhanced sense of your surroundings allows for better preparation should a crisis event unfold.
Before you can react to a situation, first, you must have the proper mindset.
This mindset has three elements:
- Recognition of the threat
- Accepting responsibility for one's own security
- The will to use the training (and any available tools
Enhanced situational awareness is portable and improves your security everywhere you go. Heightening your awareness may be the simplest and easiest thing you can do to dramatically improve your personal security.
SBS Personal Threat Awareness and Mitigation Training
Our course provides the student with an in-depth understanding of how attacks and abductions are executed and what specific steps and actions to take. These include how to disrupt the attack cycle and avoid becoming a victim of such an action.
SBS’s course topics contain instruction on pre-event planning, counter surveillance,
defeating restraints, and escape planning
Participants will learn:
- The importance of information research, travel planning prior to departure, information gathering and analysis during travel (and the final destination), and information sharing after your return
- What must occur before any attack can take place
- The details and specific stages of an Attack Cycle
- The basics of Surveillance Detection and how to implement this skill set into their daily lives
- How to visualize and take steps to avoid abduction and, if abducted, how to deal with the psychological and physical effects of captivity
- To identify and defeat most of the common restraints used during a kidnapping event
- To recognize escape opportunities, indicators, what to look for, what actions to take, and what to expect next
To learn more about Personal Threat Awareness and Mitigation and the SBS Customized Training programs, please contact us.